Guidelines for Sharing and Listening
“Listening is a way to show respect, regard, and love.”
In our circles:
- We will have a moment of silence (1-2 minutes) before we begin sharing.
- People will share uninterrupted. There will be no comments, discussion or dialogue during the sharing.
- There will be no questions or advice offered during circle time. Questions of advice outside the circle should be offered only at the invitation or permission from the individual who shared.
- Anyone can choose to pass at any time, but please don’t choose to pass all the time: your participation makes you a part of the circle.
- When commenting on something someone else has said, speak from your own experience rather than critiquing the other’s comments.
- Don’t interrupt – speak one at a time and wait to respond until the person has finished.