December 6, 2015
Holiday Services & Events at UUSS
Posted by Rev Roger
Posted on December 6, 2015
- Christmas Eve Music and Candlelight Service at 7:00 PM for all ages. All welcome! If you haven’t been here before, come a bit early. Better yet, visit us for one of these other events:
- Piano works of Faure and Prokofiev, Thursday, Dec. 10, 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM. A benefit recital by Nicholas Dold of San Francisco Conservatory of Music. UUSS, 2425 Sierra Blvd. Sacramento.
- “Speaking from the Heart” — message by Rev. Lucy Bunch. As we prepare to share holiday time with distant friends or relatives, we may feel some distance between their values and ours, or some tension about how some people assert their opinions about the issues of our day. What are some ways to stand up for your own values? Sunday, December 13, 10:30 AM service with Religious Education for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-9, plus nursery care.
- Yule Celebration — The choir sings, musicians play, and we celebrate the season and strive to bring more joy and peace into the world. We have three lighted trees waiting for a special ornament, so bring one if you like for the tree-trimming ritual for all ages. (We have some to spare.) Sunday, December 20, 10:30 AM. No RE/Sunday School but there is nursery care.
- Our Shared Offering on Christmas Eve will benefit the River City Food Bank, the oldest in this area. Your generosity brightens our whole community.